View Single Post
Old July 27, 2011, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Build: Shoebox

Shoebox is my SR-2 rig. Like the title of this thread, it is an ironic name due to the case I am planning to use for this rig. Shoebox is one of the planned watercooling projects. The defining characteristic of Shoebox is its motherboard, as it will be an EVGA SR-2. When I first got my SR-2, I had so much fun playing with it that it was literally months before it folded its first work unit. Instead, I spent the better part of the winter benchmarking with it (and my Xeon X5677's) and earned quite a number of boints and cups in the process.

But that was just a phase, and I've grown out of it. The SR-2's glory days as a benchmarking diva are behind it, and now it's destiny is to crunch. But just because its a cruncher doesn't mean it can't look pretty, and so I am planning an orange, white and black-themed watercooling loop for Shoebox. Besides, DP and MP watercooling builds are totally radical.

So the plans for Shoebox at this point are as follows. Shoebox may end up swapping CPUs with Twofour above, and other aspects of the build are subject to change as well considering the case is so highly allocated that it's difficult to find anywhere without a $45 shipping charge (I'm lookin' at you, Newegg ).

Motherboard: EVGA SR-2
CPU: 2 x Xeon Q3QS
CPU Heatsink: Custom water loop*
RAM: 6x2GB GSkill DDR3-2000 RAM
GPU: EVGA 8600GT
Case: Xigmatek Elysium
PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000w 80+ Silver
HDD: WD 500GB Blue
Optical: Pioneer DVD-RW

*Watercooling loop:
Pump: Danger Den CPX-Pro
CPU block: 2 x Swiftech Apogee GTZ
GPU block: None
Reservoir: Danger Den Dual Bay reservoir
Radiator: 1 x Thermochill PA120.3 (25mm fan spacing, G3/8" fittings)
Fittings: Bitspower matte black compressions of various types
Tubing: Feser orange 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; August 2, 2011 at 08:45 PM.