View Single Post
Old July 27, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Build: Suite 300

Suite 300 is my main rig. I use it for - well, general usage kinda stuff. That means surfing the web, checking email, watching pr0n, playing video games, and one other thing - can't remember what that is - oh yeah, folding.

So since this is my main rig, and since I am a vain mofo, I like it to look pretty. With this in mind, the key feature for Suite 300 will be its aesthetics. I don't want to pour too much processing power into it since it will be folding less than most of my other rigs. Also, since I use it for games I will be going all-in with the GPUs. So if I plan on using it for GPU folding (which I do), then it behooves me not to put a processor capable of bigadv folding into it so as not to cannibalize my own production.

This rig is essentially finalized in terms of planning. I still have to buy watercooling fittings for it, but I'm waiting for FrozenQ to start shipping his new dual-bay reservoirs with the integrated D5 pump tops so that I can just do one order for this build from dazmode. I have always been a fan of FrozenQ's work, but since I am addicted to bay reservoirs, I've never had a chance to use his stuff before. Until now. Look at this beauty:

I can't wait! The colour theme is going to be red and black, even though the mobo (an ASUS P7P55 WS) is predominantly black and blue. Meh, I'm not crazy picky. Besides, I'll be loading that mobo up with enough components that most of the blue will be concealed.

The one question that remains about this build is: will my planned mobo support my planned HBA? I am hoping to stick an LSI 9211-4i on an ASUS P7P55 WS. I don't have the answer yet, but I will soon!

So, here are the planned specs for Suite 300. New stuff in red.

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55 WS
CPU: Core i7 875k
CPU Heatsink: Custom water loop*
RAM: 2x4GB GSkill DDR3-1600 CL8
GPU: 2 x 9800GX2 in quad-SLI plus GTX260 for PhysX
Case: Coolermaster ATCS840 with side window panel
PSU: Silverstone Strider 1000 Plus 1000w 80+ Silver
HDD: 2 x Corsair Force 3 120GB in RAID0 and 2 x Samsung F1 750GB in RAID0 on an LSI 9211-4i
Optical: Samsung DVD-RW with... wait for it... Lightscribe!

*Watercooling loop:
Pump: Swiftech MCP-655
CPU block: EK Supreme HF
GPU block: 2 x Koolance VID398-GX2
Reservoir: FrozenQ Dual Bay reservoir with integrate D5 pump top
Radiator: 2 x Thermochill PA120.2 (one with 15mm fan spacing, the other with old school 25mm fan spacing, both with G3/8" fittings)
Fittings: Bitspower matte black compressions of various types
Tubing: Primoflex red 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; September 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM.