View Single Post
Old July 19, 2011, 09:50 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I'm assuming you plan on reusing the monitor in your system specs, which is 1680x1050. A 4850 should be good enough for most games out there, if I were you I'd fight the upgrade bug and save my paycheques for a nice system pimpout. Unless you're playing games that demand way more than what your 4850 currently provides.
I'm mainly playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and I can barely keep it at 60 fps, it dips as low as 23 fps when I die in a fiery crash or my tank blew up in low-medium settings (texture, soldiers, vehicles, shadow and overgrowth at medium, rest at low or off). I'm mainly upgrading for Battlefield 3 as well. Also, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit also hiccups from time-to-time as well.

I'm also capping myself at $200 because I need the funds for my next school year for food and other expenses, so I don't want to spend more than that if possible. Of course, I want to get the Radeon HD 6950 or the GTX 560 Ti but not ideal for me financially. I already spent $90 (after taxes) on the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced 2 weeks ago.

As for buying used, for electronics, I'm avoiding as I've had a terrible experience before where the component failed rather quickly.

Cheers,
deltatux