View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've had some time to play with the new Trittons and I can honestly say,for $100, these things are very good. While there's no way they can compete with Psyko Carbons,they are half the price. I can best compare them to the Roccat Kave's,which are $20 more. Sound quality and surround sound is about par with Roccat,but MUCH more comfortable to wear. Compared to the Tritton AX Pro's,the HDa's are a step ahead. Again,much more comfortable, and lighter too. Sound quality,surround etc. is equal, but the volume controls on the HDa are easier to fine tune. The Ax Pro volume control increases and decreases volume in increments,whereas the HDa allows a more accurate analog dial type that lets you dial in and fine tune front,rear etc. The HDa set is a lot less money than the Ax Pro's as well. They really look a lot more expensive than a $100 set of 5.1 analog headphones. If you want a good set of 5.1 analog headphones, and you can't or won't pay $200 for the Carbon's,then check the HDa's out. I have no problem recommending this set for gamers that prefer a true 5.1 surround sound. I'm going to keep this set for back up. My opinion only. I'm no expert.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5