View Single Post
Old July 14, 2011, 09:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

RIM's outlook isn't as bad as portrayed here in North America. Their sales and user base continues to increase over seas. But, that will plateau soon, if their reputation doesn't improver here. Word gets around :).

I have a Galaxy S, bought outright from Bell. I use it over here in Taiwan without issues, but when in Canada I have a Bell SIM. I bought it early and got very lucky. I avoided the corrupt SD card problems. The GPS though was garbage, but as usual XDA to the rescue. Same goes for all the custom ROM's available for it. If it wasn't for that I would have ditched the phone for something else. I'll be upgrading to the Galaxy S II very soon, as it should be available in Taiwan any day now.

I had an iPhone 3GS before on Rogers. It got stolen and I ended up in a serious battle with Rogers about their guaranteed replacement program I had bought into. Went as far as the Ombudsman, articles by Ellen Roseman, and the BBB. Rogers screwed me royally. Apple came through in the end and sent me a new phone as they agreed Rogers were being huge douches. The whole experience killed my interest in Apple, and I passed the phone off to a family member and switched to Android.

Sorry for the rant! :)