View Single Post
Old April 21, 2008, 02:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
HDMI -Is NOT just video. This card is for outputing high definition audio standards to a receiver or other HDMI compatible device. The inclusion of the video input on this card just for ease of use as HDMI cables can transfer both audio and video signals to a device. HDMI audio offers many new output standards including DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 Lossless, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD. Many of these newer audio formats are the state of the art in audio and will be used in Blu-ray and other media types. HDMI audio is considered the holly grail of digital audio_high resolution multi tracked lossless audio. Does this help excite you?
No, sorry this doesn't make me any more excited since most people (myself included) do not own (nor plan to) $10000 audio equipment to enjoy these "Master Audio 5.1" formats and the like.

What's wrong with digital coax or optical? Can't all these formats be transferred through those?
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 240GB Corsair Force 3 in RAID1 | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 2GB GTX 670 | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit