View Single Post
Old July 1, 2011, 08:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you go to my thread below:

Which SSD to get?!?

I pretty much asked the same question. I've done a bunch of research and reading and AKG's advice is solid. Intel's 510, Crucial M4, and Corsair Performance 3 are all SATA III. I'm going to throw OCZ's Vertex 3 in the mix even though I was a bit weary about it with its mixed reviews but if you read the reviews for the other listed brands (on newegg.ca), everyone of them seem to have at least one instance of a drive dying. Seems OCZ just got hit the hardest with poor customer service.

I'd rule out Crucial M4 because it doesn't include 3.5' bracket to mount inside a desktop, so that will be an additional cost. Intel and Corsair have generally the same price range (both have MiR). It seems the cheapest right out of the gate is the Vertex 3 on newegg.ca @ 269.99 no rebate.

Its a toss up for me, but if you're not looking to spend more than 200, you may have to reduce your SSD size or go down to SATA II?

That's my two cents at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
I'm thinking about getting my first SSD and I need some help. Does anyone have recommendations on which 120gb or 128gb ssd to get? Or which ones I should avoid. It must be SATA III, and hopefully around 200 bucks. Thanks.