View Single Post
Old April 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

As is now, looking mostly good. Probably sometime around the year 3000, whenever D-Tek finally makes some more of those Pro mounting kits, I'd love to get one myself, because I love how they open up the junk around the socket. That sharp bend between the pump and the rad isn't ideal, but certainly not design breaking. As for your plans, there are a few things that I'd be concerned about.

1) You're stacking two of your radiators. See THIS THREAD for a quick explanation about why this is a bad thing. Best case scenario, it'll simply be less inefficient. Worst case, perfect-storm scenario, the heat soaking and increased flow restriction might actually manage to make your overall system perform slightly worse.

2) Your connection between the two GPU blocks will leave the top one dry. That particular arrangement won't let the water actually flow through the block itself, since it won't have anywhere to exit. Maybe a drawing snafu, but just a heads up. Switching the inlet and outlet on the bottom block will fix that.

3) I'm assuming that your loop order is designed to minimize the amount of tubing you need to run, but priming that system is going to be an absolute . Getting water to feed from the reservoir all the way down to the pump... well, just make sure you stretch first, okay? I don't know if you can run an AP1510 dry, but many pumps can't be. Ideally, you want the reservoir to gravity-feed into the pump.

4) You've got your chipset blocks on the same loop as your main blocks. You'll probably find you're hurting your CPU temps a lot more than your helping your chipset temps. Perhaps using that rear rad for the chipset and get a little DB-1 or MCP350 pump to run that? And save the Thermochills and AP1510 for the CPU/GPU's?

That's all that comes to mind for the moment.