View Single Post
Old June 9, 2011, 07:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoSalmon View Post
I had to take a second look to figure out what the go was with the angling - but spotted it.

_CH_Skyline with 3 GTX580's you must be severely CPU limited? I guess at almost 5Ghz (WOW!) it probably isn't as bad as if it was at stock.
I was very cpu limited when I had my Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4Ghz, now I'm much better off with the i5-2500k. These chips oc so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Yes, it seems like you are overlapping them to get rid of the bezels?
Yes, I'm effectively halving the bezel area and it definitely works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I tried that once and for some reason It did not feel right, maybe because I have small 20" monitors.

Skyline, I like your table. Where did you buy it ??
I suppose the overlap is personal preference.

I bought the desk from two ladies who posted it on CraigsList for $60. It was in immaculate condition, but they were switching to laptops and didn't need a desk so large. I've seen a few others with it on OCN, but no one seems to know who the manufacturer is.
Rig 1 - Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.9Ghz 1.41v | CoolerMaster Hyper212+ w/ UK3kRpm P/P | Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev B3 | 8GB G.Skill Trident 1333Mhz DDR3 | 3GB GTX 580 SLi *3rd is incoming* | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB SSD (boot), 2x WD 320GB RAID-0, WD 1TB | CreAtive X-FI Fatal1ty Titanium Pro | Antec HCP-1200 | CoolerMaster HAF X | 3x HannStar 28" 5960 x 1200 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Logitech G15 rev2 | Logitech G9 Laser