Rookie

My System Specs

Hi, Thx for replying.

Here's my gear:

i7 950 @ stock speed
P6x48D-E Motherboard
Cooler Master hyper 212+
Patriot sector 7(Pc3-12800): 6 GB 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65V 1600MHz
Antec Case DarkFleet DF-30 : http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=575&Itemid=61
Nvidia MSI Cyclone GeForce GTX 460

I'd say i have a good air flow in my case.
Presently it's 24.5C in the room.

Take a look at the picture so see temps on idles with HT Off

Thx alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
That is really hot man specially on stock. I am not an expert but, what are your temps like for example your board, graphics card etc? Do you have a good case, for air I mean? That is upsetting me too. Like I have said in my previous threads, I am coming from an I5 750 and that was so damn cool, it ran like a champ and I had never ever hit 76 ever. I used a Titan Fenrir for that.

When I was about to get my i7m 950 I asked here if I should use the fenrir or megha and AKG wrote, unless you do major overclocking, Titan should be fine. I should have listened to him. I only overclock when I am running a bench which never lasts more than 20 minutes and those benches at 4.3 ghz\z I never hit 80, always below that. And then I put it back on stock, which is really 3.2 ghz and for gaming which is alright. But I get upto to 86 or so if I am doing the prime 95 but that is a killer tho.

Have you tried adding an additional fan yet? I had one but I just gave it away last week. If you really want to, you can borrow my titan fenrir, I only used it from feb until may.

But those temps are crazy, I am not sure how if you are not ocing or anything. But read some other reviews here under cooling.

But good luck tho, lets get these temps down G!
Attached Images