View Single Post
Old June 7, 2011, 09:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That is really hot man specially on stock. I am not an expert but, what are your temps like for example your board, graphics card etc? Do you have a good case, for air I mean? That is upsetting me too. Like I have said in my previous threads, I am coming from an I5 750 and that was so damn cool, it ran like a champ and I had never ever hit 76 ever. I used a Titan Fenrir for that.

When I was about to get my i7m 950 I asked here if I should use the fenrir or megha and AKG wrote, unless you do major overclocking, Titan should be fine. I should have listened to him. I only overclock when I am running a bench which never lasts more than 20 minutes and those benches at 4.3 ghz\z I never hit 80, always below that. And then I put it back on stock, which is really 3.2 ghz and for gaming which is alright. But I get upto to 86 or so if I am doing the prime 95 but that is a killer tho.

Have you tried adding an additional fan yet? I had one but I just gave it away last week. If you really want to, you can borrow my titan fenrir, I only used it from feb until may.

But those temps are crazy, I am not sure how if you are not ocing or anything. But read some other reviews here under cooling.

But good luck tho, lets get these temps down G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArson View Post
I've tried. Nothing Improved.

WIth HT on I get
Idle: 41,36,40,36
Load(small FTTs): 74,71,68,67

With HT Off:
Idle: 41,36,40,36
Laod:64,60,61,58