View Single Post
Old June 5, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Why? Custom loops used to be good in the days of when air coolers sucked for overclocking but now these units like the H60 can keep temps pretty reasonable on a overclocked 2600k.

And the costs are way lower too.
Because IMO if you want to try out water then build a loop, for one just about any custom loop ( as long as you are not a idiot ) will eat this for breakfast, for two there is no "teardown" with this unit there by limiting me to where I can/would place the rad, 3 you cant add anything to these units, though TBH you wouldnt want to since the single 120 rad would never handle anything beyond the cpu. and most important 4 because a custom loop can become a expression of that persons tastes beyond that unit.
So for me I just dont like them, they offer me nothing beyond halfassed temp ( for water Curt not against air) As I stated I can see why ppl might use them but that just isnt for me, like I said if I want to go water then I would do a custom loop and then this unit just couldnt hold up tempswise, or looks wise. That would be why I dont care for them in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton