View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old April 2, 2007, 04:11 PM
Jim's Avatar
Jim Jim is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: an hour out of Calgary
Posts: 458

Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Depends on how long you want to hold off.

Playing the waiting game is almost never a win situation when it comes to computer gear. There's always some greener grass just the other side of the fence.... :)

That said.....

This might be one of those times when it's worth it.

Not only are we waiting on new AMD & Intel offerings, we've also yet to see if there's an ATI card going to be released in the near future.

Add to that the possible price war once the new offerings are out and it might be a "perfect storm" as far as getting the best bang for your $700.
Right, if I put the cash towards a vid card wouldn't I likely see it bottleneck on my current rig ? thinking 8800 something
Reply With Quote