View Single Post
Old June 2, 2011, 07:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Smile Got a nVidia Optimus GT 525 to fold GPU3

Hello all,

I just wanted to share that I got a laptop with an nVidia GT 525 Optimus to fold. Note that I needed to get both the Intel IGP and the nVidia drivers from the SAMSUNG web site (my laptop's support page) to get this to work. With the nVidia web site "Verde" drivers, the dedicated GPU refused to turn on causing EUE (unable to start core) instantly, despite the fact that OCCT's CUDA test would still run with the Verde drivers.
With the laptop manufactuer's drivers, I didn't have to change ANY settings after using the "clean install" checkbox in the nVidia drivers installer. I merely uninstalled the Verde drivers, and installed this one on top of them. It looks like nVidia already has profiles for a bunch of FAH cores, including Core 15 which tell the dedicated GPU to be used.

Here's the result in a screenshot to see the result:

I'm not sure what to say about these results - it's a lot worse than what SKY posts for higher-end nV GPUs, considering this laptop GPU is similar to a desktop GTS 550 cut in half and down-clocked, but it still beats out my desktop's Radeon 4870 for something like a seventh of the power consumption. I'm in FS's 30-day return period for the laptop so I'll keep this going

EDIT: In case my config matters, I deleted cudart.dll in my (console) folding directory, and the trailing end of my F@H config file is as follows:
Code:
asknet=no
machineid=2
bigpackets=big
extra_parms=-verbosity 9

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[core]
priority=96