View Single Post
Old May 13, 2011, 03:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Personally I would use the Printers OEM Disc to install it's Driver software (and only it's Driver software) on the IMac & Win PC.

Then Assign a Static IP to the Printer, portforward that IP according to whatever Port the Manufacturer suggests (TCP ) and connect the Printer to your network via WIFI.

This way you can print via laptop (would have to install Driver software) or Iphone/Ipad (some great apps that will print to any printer)

Or you can simply go with the above suggestions if your adamant that having the Printer hardwired is what you want.

Disconnecting the Printer from the IMac is a must. I should think that you could connect the Printer via ethernet cable to your router. (I just wouldn't, its WIFI )

I have done this setup many times, but always with the Printer connected on the WIFI. Should be same process with hardwire.

As far as "laymans" terms, anyone here will be more than willing to explain in depth any part of the process (great forum). The most complicated part (if any) will most likely be setting up a Static IP in the Printer, the User Interface is not always as transparent as they could be lol.

Last edited by The Quicken; May 13, 2011 at 04:05 AM.