Thread: directcanada
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2007, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The two main things we need to know are:
1. What is your budget?
2. When do you intend on purchasing the parts.

If you do not intend to purchase the parts for another couple of months, you can take what we tell you now and throw it out the window as there are going to changes coming within the next few months. In all honesty I would wait until NVIDIA releases the 8600 Ultra as the specs on the reference card look very interesting and it is going to be around $200.
Details GeForce 8600 series surfaced
And the prices on the 8800GTS may drop.

Do you intend to over clock, because if you do, this opens a whole other can of worms. Right now AMD hasn't proven it is worth getting the AM2 socket. I'm a huge AMD fan and at this point I would honestly switch camps as the C2D has proven to be a better overclocker.

Regarding the memory, I suggest you search on reviews to see which one is better. I would say it would almost be worth it do run 2 GB of memory but that depends on your budget and the OCZ power supply in different reviews have posted loudness at around 35 db under load, your graphics card's fan will be louder than that.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com