View Single Post
Old April 26, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Truthfully if I recall correctly, these lower end GPU's are the bread and butter of NVIDA and ATI. We only account for 10% of the actualy GPU market (don't take that number to heart, just pulling it from the air).
So realistically these cards are going to be their money makers regardless of margin, since volume has its own quality.
I remember reading somewhere just recently that it was ~56% integrated, ~44% Discreete. Of which that 34% was split up 56% ATI and 44% nV. The numbers were similar to that anyways, which is why I can remember them

...Now that really doesnt tell much considering the market goes from OEM low end cards (ie the GT210, ATI 5250 etc) INCLUDING integrated junk, all the way up to the discrete monsters, nor does it reveal when the data was polled (My guess is 5/6 series ATI since they are 'winning' this round according to the market).

What that DOES show us is that the market is flooded with over half of PC's being shipped with shitty low end intel/nv/ati integrated gpus . But much like all of computer history; Integrated is the future. Smaller and smaller chips with more and more built in to them.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about