View Single Post
Old April 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Isn't the profit margin super slim for NVIDIA and AMD/ATI? Integrated graphics is getting pretty powerful for the average user already, plus it's been said that the market share of integrated graphics is only going to go up. Plus people are starting to buy tablets now instead of desktop PCs and laptops.

Truthfully if I recall correctly, these lower end GPU's are the bread and butter of NVIDA and ATI. We only account for 10% of the actualy GPU market (don't take that number to heart, just pulling it from the air).
So realistically these cards are going to be their money makers regardless of margin, since volume has its own quality.

You are right though, tablets are the thing right now. But I think the Gaming market will still make for a very diverse and profitable Computer market.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com