Thread: HTPC Build
View Single Post
Old April 23, 2011, 01:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0991 View Post
If you do not intend to play any games with this HTPC, you could reduce your RAM to 4GB instead of 8GB. As for the PSU you could get the Corsair CX430 instead which is cheaper and the total power draw of that HTPC would not even reach 250W at all. Other than that, you're good to go.
Thanks for some feedback. I thought of 4GB but 8GB is so cheap. I'll consider it though as it could save me a few bucks.

I really want a modular PS for the build because of the case space and even though there are a lot of cables still hardwired to the box, having some of them modular goes reduce clutter. Also, if I have my research done correctly, the Antec is a Seasonic build and I think they are one of the best PS makers available. A little extra PS headroom is nice to have if I decide to throw in a video card eventually.

Now that I am thinking about it I'll have a look at the 4GB kits and see what the price differences are. Thanks!
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop