View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011, 04:06 PM
Rookie

What that'll happen is that, after hearing my complaints, Dell will want to take the monitor to their lab to test it, and since there is nothing wrong with it, they'll say that it's fine, and i'll end up wasting my time and with a monitor for a couple of days.
While there is a very, very slim chance that they'll find anything, I don't think it's worth not having a monitor and being unable to use the computer for a couple of days.

It is starting to display gray with moving pixels on solid white background.
Also happening on a white background, I don't know what is the term for that, but the monitor is showing small areas flashing that is followed by those pixels described above (the best way I can think of to describe the flashing is that it reminds me of what you see when you refresh a CRT and the whole image is shaking and flashing).

While these sounds as an excellent reason to demand a replacement, the issues are hardly noticeable and i've asked 2 people in my house that I trust their eyes, and they did not see anything wrong, so why should Dell's representative?

I am hoping that those problems will get more serious and hard to ignore (so, but so sad), so I can actually get another monitor from Dell.

Also a large thing which I was very disappointed from is that the only resolution that the monitor can display properly is 1920 x 1080 (any other will result in a blurry and/or distorted image either way it's not usable), while I know that the best resolution display of a monitor is its native, it doesn't seem right that it is the only usable resolution.
Is it just me and means that that the monitor I bought is screwed or that's just how the monitor is?