View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011, 10:59 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
There should not be a problem with this, as long as you don't download a Bigadv WU and then not finish it (ie. you download the WU on day 9, and then dump it for a regular smp).

There are multiple reasons for this:
1. The biggest issue is that once you get assigned a WU, nobody else gets it until after the deadlines have passed. This means that the project will be delayed due to numerous people downloading WUs and not completing them. The CC is supposed to help folding, and not slow it down or hurt it in any way.

2. If multiple people download a Bigadv WU and fail to complete it, then competitively the Beavers_Gone_Bananas risks the chance of not meeting the 80% completion rule to qualify for bonus points

I like the competitive juices that are flowing guys! But this time I would have to discourage any chance of downloading a WU and not completing it. If you decide to do this, make sure you have the oneunit flag applied to the Bigadv being completed before the 10 day end of the competition.
Sorry if I forgot to mention it, but I was of course meant to use the -oneunit flag during the last -bigadv unit