View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011, 11:54 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charloz24 View Post
One thing came to my mind about -bigadv and the CC 2011. For those that it take more than 24hr doing a -bigadv unit (well everybody except SR-2) it would be wise to turn -bigadv off at the end the the challenge if the time completion will be after the finish date. Ex: in my case, if it's the 10th days of the CC, I will switch back to normal smp units to give a little more point to the team.
There should not be a problem with this, as long as you don't download a Bigadv WU and then not finish it (ie. you download the WU on day 9, and then dump it for a regular smp).

There are multiple reasons for this:
1. The biggest issue is that once you get assigned a WU, nobody else gets it until after the deadlines have passed. This means that the project will be delayed due to numerous people downloading WUs and not completing them. The CC is supposed to help folding, and not slow it down or hurt it in any way.

2. If multiple people download a Bigadv WU and fail to complete it, then competitively the Beavers_Gone_Bananas risks the chance of not meeting the 80% completion rule to qualify for bonus points

I like the competitive juices that are flowing guys! But this time I would have to discourage any chance of downloading a WU and not completing it. If you decide to do this, make sure you have the oneunit flag applied to the Bigadv being completed before the 10 day end of the competition.
Fold for team #54196