View Single Post
Old April 19, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I've been recording Shaw Direct/Starchoice high def for nearly three years now w/ an Hauppauge HD PVR. At first i used BeyondTV but switched to SageTV 7 around Christmas. BeyondTV was crap as was the older SageTV. Both had horrible hd PVR support. SageTV 7 is much better though. I've only had one screwed up recording this year versus 5-6 per week.

There is no need to use hdmi. It offers nothing over component and spdif besides a smaller cable.
You must be using Shawsbox to the hd-pvr correct?

If so then I imagine you are limited to recording and watching one channel at a time correct?

Been wondering since I use a shaw pvrbox for my HD downstairs but for the life of me have never got it to connect to my network. I hardly ever watch anything downstairs so it doesnt get used much. And I have been looking for a solution that would allow me to watch record multiple channels at the sametime across the network at the sametime.

Sorry to the OP for derailing the topic.

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton