View Single Post
Old April 18, 2011, 03:48 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Huh...takes me a good 4 hrs to build from scratch and another hour or so to install W7 and all my Software (or longer)....
....tell your local PC store that you want them to actually test your Rig when they finish repairs...:
1. Run Memtest 86 for a few hrs
2. Run P95 Blend Test for a few hrs...
If you can get though these first two test with no issues you won't have any BSOD's simply booting into Windows!!!

keep us posted..
ran memtest for windows overnight, when I got up this morning it was at 140% with 0 errors.

As for p95,

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
That was on my list of things to make them do... Prime 95 64-bit gives the following error for core 1 during testing:

[Mon Apr 18 00:03:35 2011]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

this is only on core #1, I have never let it run overnight, I stopped it after 20 min.

However I cannot easily accept this as a problem with the processor since it could also be due to the cpu not being on the list of cpus that work with my motherboard, so some incompatibility could exist...

anyhow the program does not make a stress.txt so i cannot consult it...

any other cpu testing programs that can be recommended? I want to see if something else can give an error.
I took it into Bestbyte this afternoon and did my best to explain to the old guy there what was going on and to check everything, even if it takes a few days since this is an odd issue.
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 (4x 2GB) Kingston Value Ram KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
GRAPHICS: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E
HARD DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 6Gb/s 500GB (Model ST3500413AS)
DVDRW Drive: Samsung SH-S223L/RSBS DVDRW 22X SATA Lightscribe Retail
CASE: Cooler Master RC-P100 (USP 100) Black/Red
POWER SUPPLY: Antec Truepower New 650 - TP-650