View Single Post
Old April 8, 2008, 04:37 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
I have this card and I use Rivatuner to read the temps. Asus has their software to do it but I hate all the junk that goes along with it. Rivatuner won't do it out of the box so to speak, I had to change some settings. I googled it and it was very easy to follow and made sense as to what I was doing at the time but I can't seem to find it now and can't remember what I did... I'll keep looking!
I am looking forward to your response on this. If needed I will update the thread but I can't seem to find any indication of how to modify Rivatuner to read the temps. ESPECIALLY if Nvidia's own (sometimes buggy) program doesn't pick it up.

Here are a few quotes. The first one from the programmer behind Rivatuner:

Quote:
If Nvidia won't add support for this sensor in the ForceWare (and I really doubt that they'll bother to do it) then ASUS 8800GT owners are out of luck, sorry. I don't have ASUS 8800GT and I definitively don't plan to purchase this card just ot get this sensor supported and the chances to get such hardware donated by vendor or some third party are really low.
Link: Asus EN8800GT Glaciator Fanskin e Plugin - Guru3D.com Forums

Next from people with these exact same problems

Asus EN8800GT(512mb) with new Glaciator cooling! - XtremeSystems Forums

Unfortunately, it seems the Fintek sensor just isn't playing nice with Forceware. There seems to be a way to configure Rivatuner to read it but I have yet to find it.

The latest version of ASUS SmartDoc seems to works though but I can't seem to find a way to log temperatures so there is no want to knowing the peak temperatures. That being said, SmartDoc DOES work....just not for what I want it to.

Last edited by SKYMTL; April 8, 2008 at 05:00 AM.