View Single Post
Old April 7, 2011, 05:31 PM
Top Prospect

Arrow Help me play Rift!

Hey guys, I've been awhile for awhile and my have things changed.

I need to build a decent gaming rig to play Rift lol

So...I was hoping to get your thoughts on the following setup.

I've given myself a $1,000 for a budget. Most of which will be ordered from NCIX with this week's sale going on. The video cards will be bought from vuugo.com and I hope none of this gets sold out before I get some feedback from you guys lol.

NCIX Bundle Deal - Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Processor & ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 Motherboard

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA1155 LGA1366 LGA1156 AM2 AM3

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Kingston SSDNow V100 Series 64GB 2.5IN SSD SATA Solid State Disk Flash Drive

Palit GeForce GTX460 Sonic (Overclocking Edition) with 1024MB GDDR5 *** $50 Instant Rebate until April 15 2011 *** (2 for SLI)

I don't plan on overclocking like crazy. Maybe just a little boost which is why I'd like to try out the H50 cooler.

I'm going to keep my Cooler Mast HAF 932, PC P&C 750W PSU, harddrives, dvd and other misc devices from my previous rig.

If you're wondering why I'm going with the Kingston SSD instead of the Vertex is because I don't feel like waiting for a MIR, it's slightly cheaper and coming from a regular harddrive, I would think it's a good upgrade. Sucks that I can't wait a little longer to see if the price will drop more with the next gen SSDs coming out. I figure this is as good a time as any to get into SSDs at a pretty decent price.

Total ($1,024.86) with shipping just breaks $1,000 mark by $24.86. I think I can live with it.

What do you guys think???