View Single Post
Old April 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
While we take the time to go over as many threads as possible we believe firmly in the intelligence of our readers and don't think we have to babysit them when they are making a transaction. It is up to the buyer to ask the pertinent questions (which are more likely the same ones as the MOD would be asking) which will ensure they get what they paid for.

We already make sure that there is the name of a member in writing next to the item they are selling. In some cases this can be substituted with seller references and a confirmation to a mod like was seen here:

FS: XFX 7900 GS XT w/ lifetime warranty - $80 obo

Us mods DO take personal involvement when we must and I believe this is the most we can do give each seller's / buyer's unique traits. If not, when a sale goes bad, all fingers would point at the mod who was "supposed" to screen the seller.
Well it's also worth posting that it's not the mod's responsibility, it woudl just be a bonus. Even adding a suggestion for heatware in the rules would add to the security. I don't expect babysitting, or anything for that matter, I was just making a suggestion. Again I wasn't trying to be rude or say anyone isn't doing there job. I like it here! Just a suggestion.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!