View Single Post
Old April 7, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default Selling area security

Hey guys.

I saw a thread in the buy/sell area that recently went awry. I feel bad for those affected, and I am also concerned about buying things from this place. I feel it'd be a good idea to beef up security, while not putting too much demand on the mods!

Over at OCForums, for example, they have a mod dedicated to the security of the sales section. He's great at what he does, and is always helping us (he's helped me a few times and I've always appreciated it). One thing they do is 'confirm' new sellers. The mod PMs them and asks for a few details on the item to verify that its infact real. This helps build trust with new sellers.

They also have a post requirement for the calssified section. You need at least 100 posts to post in there. I think thats a great idea, since it means we know the poster a little more before we buy items from them. Will it encourage spam? Not if done right.

And one more thing that we should encourage here at HWC is heatware. Heatware is a great method of verification, and having it is a definate bonus. I think we should encourage heatware in the rules as well as posting when asking for photos and stuff.

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Otherwise HWC is a great place! Glad it's around :)

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!