View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 09:36 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
I downloaded malwarebytes and it got rid of 7 infections. Still can't figure this out. Any advice would be much appreciated.

This happened like 30 mins after I installed Nero.
What malware were removed by Malwarebytes and what's the source of Nero?

With a system that has was infected, the most likely cause is that not all malicious codes have been removed or not all the damage has been repaired. Malwarebytes is a pretty good cleaner but it's not and never will be 100%, some malware are impossible to remove when the OS is running.

Have you tried running system restore from a safe boot. Boot into Safe mode with command prompt and enter "rstrui.exe" to start system restore. It should resolve problems caused by a bad software installation or hosed registry.

Start your computer in safe mode

If you cannot restore the system to an earlier point or the restore doesn't resolve the problem, then you may want to go to the following forums that specializes in malware removal and see if if your system is still infected.

Am I infected? What do I do? - BleepingComputer.com

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal - Geeks to Go Forums

5 Star Support Forums - Free Computer Help

If you want to try cleaning up the system yourself I can give you a list of cleaners, but unless you're experience with malware removal I strongly recommend that you visit one of the malware removal forums above.