View Single Post
Old March 8, 2011, 05:59 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i see no complaints yet on how the temps in this review are different than others.

open test bench vs closed case = can be quite a difference :)
Why would there be complaints? In my opinion, only testing temperatures in a case is ridiculous in the extreme due to a number of factors:

- Every case is different and therefore will produce different results

- There is absolultely no way to control in-case temperatures so every test is the same. This makes comparison testing absolutely pointless

- A choice of other components (CPU, etc) will have a large impact upon said temperatures.

In my opinion, the only way to OBJECTIVELY test comparative temperatures is within a controled environment as we do with the CPU, GPU and cooler reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luay79 View Post
I must say I found all the reviews of this card on a single display to be a total waste of everyone's time. I am only looking at 5670x1080 as minimal requirement for this card.
Totally agree. I actually saw some reviews which only went up to 1920 x 1200 / 4xAA. At that point, you may as well not even bother testing this card. But then again, some sites will do anything for an increase in traffic....