View Single Post
Old March 2, 2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakage.shinga View Post
Hi guys,

I installed BitComet today and it shows a yellow light next to my listening port, and it's telling me to check my firewall and router settings, but doesn't tell me exactly what to check for. The following is my internet set up.

Shaw cable modem --> D-Link DIR-655 router --> Zonealarm Free firewall --> my rig

I'm a noob when it comes to networking, so I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point. I found something online about port forwarding, but I don't think Shaw lets me set a static IP address and still connect to the internet.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
I think a few of the bittorrent programs are getting really sophisticated that it seems they can forward the ports already or it seems that way. I have done tests of just having the bittorrent program run as default and have no problem with the speeds. But, I would port forward to be sure and enable both udp and tcp... Go to portforward.com for more explanations and instructions for your router.

You should be able to manually set up a static ip. The ISP shouldn't have anything to do with it. You should have static ip set up if you use more than one computer or have multiple computers connected to the internet anyway.

I don't want to give false info so if I said anything wrong, I guess I'll be corrected.