View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do you have any decent computer stores near where you live? If you don't mind disclosing your general location that wouldn't hurt either.
Reason I ask is because for a $900 budget, your build so far looks pretty overpriced. If you don't need to buy a monitor/keyboard/mouse, you can build a much more powerful system with $900. (unless that includes taxes, but in that case you could still do better)

Coolermaster Elite and Silverstone Precision series cases go for ~$35 on sale quite regularly, if you can't wait for one of those two, Thermaltake V3/V4's can be regularly had for under $40. If you can stretch your case budget, the Zalman Z9 Plus can be had for ~$50 and offers a ton more value.

There are some good Seasonic/FSP PSUs that can be had for under $40 as well. The Corsair Builder series takes the cake though, they can quite often be had for free or close to free after MIR, and their MIR's are very fast and reliable compared to other MIRs.

Right now on NCIX's sale page: NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS - COOLERMASTER - RC-370-KKN1 - in Canada
NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan *2 Year Warranty* - CMPSU-430CX In Canada.
That's about $70+taxes/shipping, but shipping deals pop up quite often at NCIX so I don't see shipping as a huge issue. If you can wait, you can either order from NCIX or Memory Express when the right deal pops up.