View Single Post
Old February 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Radeon HD 6870 HELP

Hello guys....

It's sankukai again. I'm sure some of you will remember me from the MB and the RAM forums after I decided to tinker with my shitty motherboard's BIOS and some new RAM I bought. Well...now it seems my videocard had trouble, or so it would seem.

After my running memtest and entering safe mode to see if my memory and OS were OK, I thought that the worst was over and my PC would be back to "normal". Now, whenever I bring up the ATI CCC the screen flickers a lot as if the card is having problems of some sort. It also happens when I am just browsing or using some other program. I thought it might have been my old monitor since I recently upgraded my 14" monitor to a 32" HD LCD LG TV and I still get this problem. I also installed the latest set of drivers and I'm wondering if that is causing the flickering. This did not happen before and I am kind of fearful that my previous overvoltage experiment messed up my videocard as well. Could it be a faulty DVI-to-VGA adapter that I am using to hook my PC to the LCD TV? could it be a faulty cable? Does any one have an idea why this might be happening now?

What programs would you guys recommend to test the health of my Radeon HD 6870?

I need help....once again

Last edited by sankukai; February 19, 2011 at 09:18 PM.