View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 01:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yup it is confusing, but AMD has stated that the only SB that they make which is guranteed to pass the TRIM command (with their own drivers and assuming all other necessary conditions are met) is the 8 series. Does this mean that the 7 cant pass on TRIM....no idea. All we no is that if you want guaranteed TRIM support with AMD rigs you need a 8 series mobo. There is so much conflicting info on MS drivers + 7 series that it could even be on a case by case basis or only some 7 series support it or its a case if ITGC kicking in and making it appear as if TRIM is "working". I personal don't intend to find out as the 7 series is getting long in the tooth. ;)
You'll only pry my 785G / 940 BE / DDR2 rig from my cold dead hands (esp. since the 940 has no DDR3 memory controller)... at least until BD comes along. AkG, what do you know about TRIM and Sandforce drives? Is it true that the controller more or less ignores TRIM anyway? Whether it's working or not in my machine, since installing a Mushkin Callisto Deluxe 4 months ago, my WEI disk score has declined from 7.7 to 7.5 (the HORROR).