View Single Post
Old February 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDriver View Post
Well, when I press the shutdown button on my computer case, it shuts down IMMEDIATELY. Like I pulled the plug or something. It does not go into the routine shutdown of Windows 7 32-bits. It's as if I had pressed the button for the famous 5 seconds to obtain that exact result. Only a small quick push and release will do.

It' also not like the "reset" button, because the computer stays off.

I checked the BIOS setup for power management, and there are only two options: Power Off or Sleep.

Now I'm befuddled here. Or is that a Windows 7 option somewhere? I would think not.

This is not my sig computer, it's an MSI PM8M3-V with an Intel 3.2 GHz Pentium 4, 2 gigs of ram and a Sapphire Radeon 3800 AGP card. Been working just fine except for that glitch. BIOS is up to date.
haha when you press the shut down button on your case it should shut off instantly it is supposed to do that every machine I have used does this mind you on mine I have to hold the button for about half a second but yes that is why it is called a hard shut down. I do advise not doing that though because it could screw up your OS.