View Single Post
Old February 9, 2011, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangyman View Post
Awesome! I feel better about my purchase now - thx guys!

scruff, I've got a Samsung 46" LCD, but does the receiving unit make any difference to the video signal sent over HDMI? I thought not.

Btw, what CPU are you using? I checked out the Noctua cooling unit you mentioned...god, that thing looks like a GTO engine! It might be a little tall for my case though. I guess I'll wait till I get my case and set it up so I can determine how much head room I've got to work with.

....can't stand the anticipation of gear arrival...wish I could put myself in sleep-mode until it arrives!
I'm using the I3 530 and a Lian-Li PC-C34F case It's a pretty big case ,about the same size as my Oynkyo 808 reciever ( also $250). The noctura has about 1.5" (35mm} of clearance to the top of the case. It seems to keep the cpu at about 25C idle ,havn't really tested it under load yet. My buddy used this one NCIX.com - Buy Prolimatech Samuel 17 Compact Low Profile Heatpipe CPU Cooler Heatsink LGA1156 LGA1366 LGA775 AM3 - Samuel 17 In Canada. and it works good too , just pick a quiet fan. the other thing I liked about the Noctura was it fits over my OCZ Gold ram no problem and blows a little air on them as well By the way the 140mm fan with the Noctura is verry quiet , just a little fugly