View Single Post
Old February 8, 2011, 06:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusiveman View Post
Hello, Thanks for the article but one question.

For the overclocked settings is that with added voltage or not?

I noticed you said that the ASUS GTX560 could not reach 1GHZ no matter how much voltage you added, is this correct?
I know sample cards vary but I also picked up the Asus TOP version and can hit the speeds his GB SOC was able to achieve when OC'd with a little voltage (1.125V core) roughly 1025MHz as well as over 4800MHz on the memory. I haven't determined the max memory setting yet as I have just maxed out all the sliders in the default Asus SmartDoctor settings other then the voltage as I mentioned. I'm sure I can get a little more core if I max out the voltage at 1.15V but I'm happy with my results as its stable in all the benchmarking programs and games I own. Not too mention its very silent and cool temperatures (under 70C load).

The Giga SOC and MSI 560s do seem to be the cards to beat for value and performance so I do agree with the review. I got lucky and received a solid ASUS TOP card and got the results I was hoping for as I hear they have great RMA service in the GTA now for piece of mind. Another great review SKY!