View Single Post
Old February 7, 2011, 07:45 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Monitor return problems..

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum and hope to contribute more then ask questions!

Anyway, just over a year ago I purchased a Samsung 275T+ at a local retailer and got there 2 year plan that protects me with pretty much any problem that comes up. About 6 months in the monitor started doing some weird things like changing colors for some reason. So I took it in and they changed it out with a new one because it was still available. After getting the second 275T+ home from the store first thing I see is a burnt out pixel on the side. This time I didn't take it back and decided to hold onto it for a while because it was really not to noticeable and I was working a ton of hours at the time.

Now a couple weeks ago I have been starting to get a lot of free time on my hands so I lugged this thing out of my house and took it to the store to change it out. Long story short, they kept it for a couple days and called me back and said they will change it out with a Samsung P2770FH. They say that they will change it out with either the same model or similar. So I started looking up the specs on this monitor and it was nowhere near as good as my 275T+. Mine has a 1920x1200 resolution, S-PVA panel, better viewing angles, higher brightness and so on. I paid over $800 for the 275T+ and this P2770FH is $340. Mine is also a professional monitor, how can they think that it is similar with a TN panel? What do you guys think I should do?

I just feel like taking back the old 275T+ home and deal with the burnt pixel. Seems like a unfair exchange.

Thanks.

Home office: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, Intel i7 3770k with H70, PNY GTX 780, G.Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz 8GB, Crucial M4 512GB, X2 Seagate 3TB.

Server: Asus P7P55D PRO, Intel i5 750, 8GB RAM, 4x WD Green 1.5TB, 2x Seagate 2TB. FreeNAS

HTPC: Asus P5N7A-VM, Intel Q9400, 4GB, 500GB WD Black.