View Single Post
Old January 29, 2011, 01:14 PM
Rookie

Wow! Those returns rates are exactly what we need to make informed purchase decisions. It correlates to what I have been told recently by my salesman too. For example, I needed a PSU and had decided on the Corsair HX750 based on reviews and reports I had read. My salesman looked around to see if anyone could hear him and then whispered to me.....Corsair HX series stuff sucks. We get most of them back for RMA. He said get the AX series and you will be happy. So I did. Then I said I wanted Corsair RAM and he said high RMA, get the Kingston stuff, it is the best. So I did. Based on the BEHARDWARE site stats, I'd say what he said was correct again.

What amazes me the most is that most people have perceptions about products that are actually wrong. Sort of like the bored Maytag repairman ad campaign that lead people to believe that Maytag were so dependable. Then I bought Consumers Magazine and found out otherwise! I perceive that most people think very highly of Corsair products and perceive them to be high end. But after reading the RMA rate for them, I am thinking otherwise. At the same time, I believe most people buying computer products perceive Kingston RAM to be low end stuff where actually, they are very good, dependable products. Sounds like Kingston needs to start an ad campaign to re-educate the buying public perhaps, eh?

Wow, thanks for posting that URL.