View Single Post
Old January 27, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
You just made my point for me. If they are using a video delivery service that is based on internet streaming, they should have an internet package with higher bandwidth limits. A 100-120GB package is still highly affordable for someone who can effectively cut down on their monthly satellite specialty channel needs through the use of alternate sources like AppleTV, etc.

Granted, some ISPs don't even offer packages with higher limits but that raises the whole question of shopping around for the service that suits your needs...

And what about the people that don't get a choice on their internet provider because of where they live?

People who live in rural areas already pay twice the amount for their shitastic internet connection, at least here in BC. Then allowing these companies that have a monopoly in areas to enforce a UBB as well?

No thanks.

I haven't had cable for years. I've never had Satellite. The level of marketing and commercials on TV is downright insulting. People now go out of their way to pay extra for movie channels and radio that does not have commercials anymore because they are THAT annoying.

Shaw came here trying to sell me a cable package. At the end of that visit the door to door salesman knew he'd have my business if Shaw paid me per month, plus free cable.

Why are we applying some retarded monolithic business practice like that to the internet now? I'll tell you why. Aging grey haired fatcats KNOW it's good for the bottom line. That's the only reason.

How come POTS phone service never switched to UBB after VOIP came out? It's the exact same thing. The difference is that the average consumer doesn't know the difference between 60GB and 100GB, except that one is higher than the other. They don't recognize usage amounts. However with POTS service they certainly would. Any company trying to charge per minute for regular phone service probably would have been burnt to the ground.

Markets for products change. The role of TV and radio has changed very much since their introduction. Now, with the internet involved they are trying to protect their investment in an overly costly bloated system that they've created.

Too bad.