View Single Post
Old January 27, 2011, 01:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If you're paying for that much from Netflix, you may as well spend the money on something like a movie package on cable / satellite.
From the netflix website...

Quote:
For only $7.99 a month you get unlimited movies & TV episodes instantly over the Internet to your TV or computer. There are no ads, and you can pause, rewind, or fast forward as often as you like. It's really that easy!
On demand, no commercials at an excellent price. Why would I ever go with some craptastic TV / Satellite service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
My family, for whom I set up with an AppleTV, and who are also very non techsavvy, went through 19GB of streaming Netflix/iTunes content in 6 days this month. There is only 3 of them in the household.

That represents 1/3rd of their monthly cap.
I think this kind of usage is going to be the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
I do agree with you that Usage Based Billing makes sense IF it is being implemented to properly shape consumers usage habits to keep capacities in check and deliver equal and reliable service to all customers. I do NOT if it is simply being done to generate more revenues for the company and keep a stronghold on monopolies, such is the case with the current predicament.
I agree with what you've said here.

Last edited by Perineum; January 27, 2011 at 01:23 AM.