View Single Post
Old January 26, 2011, 07:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsickle View Post
Haha! Yeah, I just copied the settings they did in the review, since my system is better than the one they ran I figured if they had good/stable results from that so would I. Saves time fiddling with adjusting the settings in small increments and running benchmarks again and again. Sure, I might be able to go a little bit further, but I'm not really concerned with spending several hours to get a 1-2% performance increase. As far as noise is concerned I don't have the equipment to measure it, but I wouldn't say it was any louder than the plethora of case fans in my system (I also didn't adjust the fan speed any). Temperatures are well within safe ranges as well. In SLI though, since I'm using a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 the slots are right next to each other so one tends to run ~6-7C hotter. Also, I remember reading somewhere that Fermi-based cards are engineered to safely operate at up to 90C; however, I'm not sure I believe that. If it's true, then this card runs really cool in comparison.

Still, even with the regular, stock (and warrantied) overclock, it should outperform the ASUS GTX560 Ti DirectCUII TOP.

P.S. Only one SLI connector so if you're planning to 3-way SLI these, you can't.
Most mid range cards aren't setup for 3 WAY SLI anyways. Usually people with that type of money anyways will go with the flagship cards.

As for the rated temperature, I would actually agree with what nVidia states as thus far its proven fairly accurate.
My GX2's would run Folding in the 85's-90's. Safe Temp for the G92 core was, 110 or something like that. In the 2 straight years of Folding, not one card ever failed.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com