View Single Post
Old January 21, 2011, 09:40 PM
Top Prospect

That is somewhat troubling about the Define R3 regarding the build quality. The drive bay issues however would not really affect me, as I don't use or plan have any 5.25inch drives. Like the low noise factor, as I sometimes sleep with the PC on in the same room.

The issue is I wanted a clean/elegant case design and one that was white/silver (tired of all black), otherwise I was actually looking at cheaper <$100 cases like the Silverstone Precision Series, Zalman Z9, Antec 100/300 and etc. The Silverstone Fortress series and Lian Lis are quite a bit more pricey, and I don't feel if I can bring my self to spend that much more and not have it go towards other components instead. My current Sonata Plus has the issues of only accepting <9.5 inch cards, and only 2x92mm intake/1x120mm exhaust fan. In terms of GPU size, the highest end card I ever expect to buy would be something along the 6950/GTX 570 type class, so won't need the length for dual GPU cards. Case actually need to fit on a self -

I would actually go with a mATX, but the selection for p67 boards is limited at the moment and the power delivery on them does seem to be worse compared to the ATX versions.

Last edited by limitedaccess; January 21, 2011 at 09:48 PM.