View Single Post
Old January 20, 2011, 06:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
Seems like forever ago I made my sig but I'm STILL running the comp in my sig. I kinda game in fits and spurts, usually during the winter months when it's too cold to woodwork out in the garage, so I have some games to catch up on this year. I want to get the new COD and look into SC2 as well, possibly others. I still have a GTX 280 and am considering an upgrade, but I'm sort of looking for a reference point. Obviously the new hardware is going to be an upgrade but how much? I don't want to buy a new card just to find out its more of a 'sidegrade'.

If I were to make a move I'd prefer to go with an ATI. I'm not a fanboy but they seem to run AutoCAD MUCH better than the nVidia's without getting into specialized cards. The 6850's and 6870's are certainly within reach but are they a significant increase over what I have now to justify the cost?
If I were you I would stay with Nvidia. The 280 GTX is an excellent card and should do you well until the prices of the 500 series drop a bit. The reviews I have read say that the 500 series card kicks the crap out of Radeon high end cards. IMHO.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5