View Single Post
Old January 19, 2011, 12:49 PM

My System Specs

First if you are using Shaw Direct/Starchoice you can't use TV Tuners. You need capture cards. Now this is how it could be done.

You have all three receivers in the same room w/ a Hauppauge HD PVR connected to each. All of them are connected to the same PC. That PC then runes SageTV. Then you would require a PC (or a SageTV HD Theater 300) connected to each TV) running a SageTV client. How this definitely won't be cheap. Each HD PVR is ~$200. Then SageTV server costs about $80 (or $100 w/ one copy of SageTV client). Then additional copies of SageTV client are $40. So all in all if I would go by your diagram expect to be paying $850 for just software and the HD PVRs.

EDIT: I guess I should have done some more thinking. I don't see why you need three receivers anyways. That is assuming you require to be recording/watching three different shows at the same time. I can record almost every show I watch (and I watch like 30 hours of specific shows each week). With two receivers/HD PVRs you could almost record damn near every primetime show.