View Single Post
Old January 17, 2011, 06:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Eyefinity GPU-monitor connection issues

Hello,

New to the forum, and I seek council regarding a soon-to-be built Eyefinity setup. You guys seem to know your stuff =P! Here it goes:

I own a Samsung SyncMaster 2243WM 22" monitor. It's native resolution is 1680*1050 and has a VGA-connection (currently in use) and a DVI-D input (female) .

Today, do to an amazing deal, I purchased two BENQ G2220HD 21.5" Full HD LCD monitors having a native resolution 0f 1920*1080. It has a DVI-D connection and a regular VGA input (D-sub same thing?). My hope is to combine these with my Samsung and have a 3-display Eyefinity rig. I have heard Eyefinity assumes the resolution of the lesser monitor, in this case the Samsung, and run at 1680*1050.

Now, I am building a new system. I will be using the Sapphire Vapor X 5870 as it's GPU, and the monitors I mentioned.

I know you NEED to use the display port for one of the monitors, so I intend to get an Active Display port to DVI adapter.
I looked at the DVI end and it doesn't match the DVI-D input on my Samsung (the one I intend to connect via the DP) My Samsung's DVI-D port is 3 rows of 8 holes with a horizontal slit.Is this an issue?

The Sapphire card has DVI-I outputs (I believe) and they do not match the DVI-D inputs on all three of the monitors (check out the Sapphire card pics on Newegg).

What I need ladies and Gentlemen, is a connection solution (with links pretty please for hardware necessities?) for my setup. PLEASE don't tell me the monitors I JUST ordered are no good ( I am sure they are!)

There must be a series of adaptors and connectors that can make this formula work. All in all, this is a DVI-D monitor female input to a DVI-I GPU output. Solution?

Challenge: How do I connect a Samsung SyncMaster 2243WM 22" and two BENq G2220HD (all with female 3-rows of 8 pins with a horizontal slit "DVI-D"?)Full HD LCD monitors to a Sapphire Vapor X 5870?

A friend in need....