Thread: UBB Petition
View Single Post
Old January 17, 2011, 01:20 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Agreed. Bell has every right to impose whatever they want on their resellers. It IS Bell's network which they have spent billions developing.

If TekSavvy et all want to bitch and whine, let them develop their own network. Oh wait, too expensive? TOO BAD!

Welcome to a free market economy.
I'm pretty certain when the Internet was first starting to gain popularity, the Canadian government funded a lot of the infrastructure development costs - i.e. Bell got taxpayer money. They are still getting grants, just like the oil companies keep getting 'grants'.

It is the users that have 'paid' for the network - Bell never gave anything away free to customers.

I'm still waiting for the 'free' market to actually 'compete' to bring down prices. I don't know of anyplace in Ontario where more than 1 cable company services an area, hence no competition. I'm still waiting for the oil companies to compete as well

I remember when I used to pay Bell for a service. Now, I just pay Bell. The smaller outfits provide better service at a better cost than Bell can do. Why?