View Single Post
Old January 16, 2011, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
Not a bad setup by any stretch of the imagination however i am not thrilled with the colors between the Black Avparts, What looks like a cherry colored (or cherry) entertainment unit and a bright blue back ground. Just my 2 cents i would have either gone with a darker paint or just wall mount the tv with a small av cabinet underneath.
The reason I went with cherry is because of the large cherry accents on the loveseat (left), chair (right) and the couch which is not in view. I would have preferred to wall mount the tv but I rent in an apartment building and the walls are either concrete board or block wall. The only way to drill is with a masonry bit and probably use tapcons to mount the bracket.

If the wall color you see is bright blue, your monitor(s) definitely needs to be adjusted/calibrated big time! My monitor shows all the colors in that photo almost dead on. The walls are a light green-gray (not even close to anything resembling blue) and the parquet flooring is almost the color of liquid honey. The couch color is a bit darker than emerald green and a few shades lighter than forest green. The flower pattern is a color about midway between gold and silver and the stripes are red.

As you see, I was going with greens, cherry and black.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)