View Single Post
Old January 9, 2011, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I just bumped into a friend of mine at Canada Computers earlier today and he was returning a Revodrive because it failed on him after 2 weeks. It's not the first person I've known that has had a problem with an OCZ drive either. I've seen mention that programs such as CrystalDiskMark and AS SSD can destroy Sandforce based drives, and that the sandforce controller suffers more severely from degraded performance over time. I assume TRIM is now working with them, right? If so at least that has been eliminated.

The G2 is certainly old now, and I've never had a problem with my X-25 G2 160GB. That's why I don't have a problem recommending it. I'm not out to say bad things about the others as Sandforce is actually quite intruging, but I think it's fair to say that the Intel drives do work more reliably. At the end of the day, I'm not certain you can really go "wrong" with the current choices we have anyways.

I agree with you and really I wouldn't suggest any SSD at ALL at this point due to the new Sandforce and Intel drives being just around the corner... but it seems the OP was interested in getting one now.