View Single Post
Old January 7, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll cancel Shaw in a heartbeat. I'm not ******* around with overages.

OOOH MY SHAW CONNECTION IS SOOOO FAST! Oh wait... overages....

At $2 per GB over my 100GB plan I'd owe $940 this month. I did 470GB over my limit this month. Me, + my 2 roommates, + extra holiday time, +steam sales = overages.

Do you think I would pay $900 in overages? Ever? No. I'll smash my rented modem on video though.....

Edit:

Found some information on the Shaw website

Quote:
If you exceed the usage included in your package, donít worry ó weíll notify you on your next bill and you wonít be charged. After that, you have a few options:
  • Upgrade to the next package level
  • Purchase a monthly data pack (10 GB for $5/month, 60 GB for $20/month, 250 GB for $50/month)
  • Maintain current plan and pay for each gigabyte used over your planís allotted amount ($1 or $2 depending on the plan)
So I guess that puts me at a BARGAIN price of $100 for overages then, plus the price of the internet package to begin with.

Although, I'm an understanding fellow, and I think that's only fair that they should charge me more for my service because they have to pay more into the Shaw pension plan.

Ex-CEO Jim Shaw gets $5.9-million pension - The Globe and Mail

Quote:
The board of Shaw Communications Inc. voted to boost the pension payable to Jim Shaw when he retired as CEO of the company last month (Nov 2010), bringing his pension payments to almost $500,000 monthly.

Last edited by Perineum; January 7, 2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: New Information